I was fortunate enough to escape from a cold, wintry Melbourne to Bali Indonesia and the Gili Islands – a place to feast your eyes on magical landscapes and aqua clear seas!
âWhen I need inspiration, I take a break, look to nature . . . or just sign on to Pinterest!â
Need a break from the cold? Check out my tropical islands pictures.
In this post I cover some ways to add magic to Pinterest for any beginner pinner. The first is:
Conjuring Up Cool Pinterest Images
- Â Avoid really wide images as they get squeezed (the Magic Number is 600 pixels wide)
- Taller images are more repinnable (infographics make good, shareable content)
- Always use images in Blogposts (for the pinners) and include words in them if you can
- Enchant your audience with your own awesome photos; focus on creating unique pictures/ images
- Embed your branded image or name to ensure they can be identified
- When using images that are not yours, âcast a good spellâ and give proper credit
- Donât Pin directly from Google images (this article explains why and how to find the original source)
- You can check images that are being repinned from any website by using the link:
http://pinterest.com/source/domainname.com/ just replace âdomainnameâ with the websiteâs name.
Pinterest Wizardry for Businesses
- When creating your Pinterest account, ensure you supply a brief biography
- Remember to connect your Twitter, Facebook and Website (small account widgets appear below your profile description/bio)
- Curate your personal brand on Pinterest by dedicating yourself to topics which enchant you (people will magically follow abundantly full Boards rather than sparse Boards)
- Conjure up eBooks and useful documents relevant to your business (make them shareable by using appealing colours and images)
- Involve fans by making them feel special, have them share your pins, comment and like them
- Remember â selling is repelling! Pinterest (like any Social Media platform) shouldnât be used for direct marketing, wave your âwizards wandâ to engage followers and build relationships
- Like when using Twitter, mention users you follow by typing â@â in front of their usernames. Add the mention either to a Pin/Repin description or a comment (Users will be notified when you do this)
- Look for charming, innovative ways to display your products / service offerings
- If you are involved with a community project – share your passion! It generates positivity (My Charity of Choice – Mama Lumka for example)
- Display your work culture by showing your companyâs human side (be funny, be inspirational . . . perhaps add an office fun Board!)
Oh, and I think you will enjoy this wicked video I found which gives you some interesting Stats, Figures and a mini “How-To Use Pinterest” (2mins 45sec long), click here to watch that.
I hope you found this âPinterest Wizardryâ enjoyable and helpful. Do pop any comments you have below – it would be great to hear about your experiences and any cool tips you may have to share with our readers.
See you at my next post!
Socially Yours ă